The Hollywood Bowl kicks off the 2016 season with the return of the Playboy Jazz Festival this June. Itâ€™s the 38th year of the annual festival and with its hilarious MC and incredibly talented lineup, itâ€™s bound to be epic.
The 2-day festival will take place on June 11th and June 12th, so mark your calendars now because you donâ€™t want to miss out on this classic event.
The lively and witty George Lopez will be Master of Ceremonies for both days of the festival. Lopez absolutely knows how to entertain a crowd–the mixture of raunchy jokes and classy jazz music is sure to make a great atmosphere for a fun-filled weekend.
The LA Philharmonic hosts the best of the best at the Hollywood Bowl so thereâ€™s no doubt this yearâ€™s Playboy Jazz Festival wonâ€™t disappoint. This yearâ€™s lineup features esteemed jazz greats, up and coming artists, and a few renowned Playboy Jazz Festival veterans.
Each day of the festival will consist of about 10 outstanding performances from various artists and bands. Â Check out the lineup for both days below.
Saturday, June 11:
- Jon Batiste & Stay Human
- Seth MacFarlane with conductor Joel McNeely
- CÃ©cile McLorin Salvant
- Los Van Van
- Naturally 7
- The Bad Plus Joshua Redman
- Joey Alexander Trio
- John Beasleyâ€™s MONKâ€™estra
- The LAUSD/Beyond the Bell All-City Jazz Big Band
- Under the Direction of Tony White and J.B. Dyas
Sunday, June 12:
- Fourplay Silver Anniversary with Bob James, Nathan East, Chuck Loeb and Harvey Mason
- Janelle MonÃ¡e
- The Robert Cray Band Celebrating B.B. King with special guests Sonny Landreth and Roy Gaines
- Pete Escovedo Orchestra featuring Sheila E., Juan and Peter Michael
- Javon Jackson and Sax Appeal featuring special guests Jimmy Heath, George Cables, Peter Washington, Willie Jones III
- Big Chief Donald Harrison Jr. and the Congo Nation-New Orleans Cultural Group
- Liv Warfield
- Christian Scott aTunde Adjuah Present Stretch Music
- Anthony Strong
- CSUN Jazz A Band directed by Matt Harris
Pretty spectacular lineup, right? So grab some loved ones, have a few drinks, and enjoy various twists on the jazz music genre for an entertaining and relaxing weekend at the Playboy Jazz Festival.
To purchase tickets for the internationally acclaimed premier jazz festival, visit: