Knockout Round Begins February 23, 2015!
8 Clubs Remain in the 2015/16 CONCACAF Champions League.
TheÂ schedule for the Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League quarterfinalsÂ is here, the regionâ€™s premier competition for clubs.
The quarterfinal round begins the evening of Tuesday, February 23, when four-time Major League Soccer champion DC United visit first-time quarterfinalist Gallos Blancos de Queretaro, at 8 pm ET (7 pm local), followed by a nightcap in Seattle when defending Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League titlist Club America kicks off its quarterfinal series with Seattle Sounders at CenturyLink Field (10 pm ET/ 7 pm local).
Twenty-four clubs from across the Confederation began the quest for the crown in this seasonâ€™s Champions League group phase, played between August and October, with the top team from each of the eight three-team groups advancing to the knockout round.
Following the completion of group play, the eight group-topping teams were ranked 1-8, based on the number of points they achieved in the group stage, and using goal difference as the tie-breaker among teams tied with the same amount of points. Those rankings yielded four pairings: 1-8, 2-7, 3-6 and 4-5, now set to face off in the quarterfinals early next year.
1. Â Â Club America (MEX) â€“ 10 points, +7 GD
2. Â Â DC United (USA) â€“ 10 points, +6 GD
3. Â Â Real Salt Lake (USA) â€“ 10 points, +3 GD
4. Â Â Santos Laguna (MEX) â€“ 9 points, +9 GD
5. Â Â LA Galaxy (USA) — 8 points, +9 GD
6. Â Â Tigres (MEX) â€“ 8 points, +2 GD
7. Â Â Queretaro (MEX) â€“ 7 points, +9 GD
8. Â Â Seattle Sounders (USA) â€“ 7 points, +3 GD
The final home-and-away series between the two semifinal winners will be disputed during the last two weeks of April of 2016.