Avenged Sevenfold,one of the world’s biggest rock bands, have announced the release of Waking The Fallen: Resurrected on August 26, 2014 via Hopeless Records. The multi-platinum band personally curated thisÂ rare, never before seen look at their fan favorite, genre defining, breakthroughÂ albumÂ Waking The Fallen. The new release includes 11 never before heard songs, 23 total tracks, new artwork, the original first cut of the music video forÂ “Unholy Confessions” and a 30 minute film featuring the present day band, directed/edited by Rafa Alcantara. This is a must own album for anyÂ A7XÂ fan!
Resurrected is available for physical pre-order today at www.hopelessrecords.com/resurrected. The special packages and items found here are available only through this pre-order, including the exclusive deluxe version of the CD with two bonus tracks, limited edition 4-disc vinyl LP box set with exclusive 7-inch, Deathbat t-shirt and more. Check out all of the packages and view the album trailer now: www.hopelessrecords.com/resurrected
Take a closer look at Resurrected’s brand new content…
*Â Â Two new songs, including the lead trackÂ “Waking The Fallen: Resurrected,”Â whichÂ had been lost to historyÂ before it was discovered buried deep within the original multi-track recordings. Originally intended to make the album as a full song, it wasÂ ultimatelyÂ reworked into a vocal free intro. Later the band drew inspiration from this lost song’s piano intro, building it out into their hit songÂ “Beast And The Harlot”Â off of their next albumÂ City Of Evil. This song is a previously unknown link between two major eras in the band’s career.
* Four never before heard demos recorded by Thrice’s TeppeiÂ Teranishi including “Chapter Four,”Â “Remenissions,”Â “I Won’t See You Tonight Part 1,”Â “I Won’t See You Tonight Part 2.” These early version demos contain alternate lyrics, melodies, andÂ arrangements giving fans a unique andÂ unprecedented behind the scenes look at the evolution of four of the band’s most popular songs.
* Five live versions recorded in 2004 from some of the band’s earliest shows includingÂ “Chapter Four (Live In Ventura),”Â “Desecrate Through Reverence (Live In Pomona),”Â “Eternal Rest (Live In Pomona),”Â “Unholy Confessions (Live In Ventura),”Â “Second Heartbeat (Live In Ventura).” Very little live material from this era ofÂ AvengedÂ Sevenfold’sÂ career has ever seen the light of day.
* A 30 minute documentary featuring brand new interviews from band looking back on the of the lead up, demoing, recording and touring around theÂ Waking The FallenÂ album.Â The 30 minute film includes personal behindÂ the scenes home movies and photos from the band’s earliest days.
* The original first cut of the Â “Unholy Confessions”Â music video.
Complete track listing can be found below.
Avenged Sevenfold are gearing up to headline Rockstar Energy Drink’s Mayhem Festival kicking off July 5th in San Bernardino, CA at San Manuel Amphitheater. Tickets and a full list of dates for the festival can be foundÂ here:
Avenged SevenfoldÂ achieved worldwide success with a string of best-selling albums – includingÂ their 2005 platinum breakthroughÂ City Of Evil, 2007’sÂ Avenged Sevenfold, which topped theÂ Billboard Alternative, Hard, and RockÂ Charts, and two consecutive No 1’s on Billboard’sÂ Top 200 Albums chart, NightmareÂ (2010) and their latestÂ Hail To The KingÂ – achieving Diamond, Platinum and Gold awards for album sales in nearly a dozenÂ countries. They have also scored a series of Top 10 singles at multipleÂ formats, including “Bat Country,” “Almost Easy,” “Scream,” “Nightmare,” “Welcome To The Family,” “So Far Away,” and “Hail To The King,” and theirÂ latest, “Shepherd of Fire.” The band, which hails from Huntington Beach,Â Calif., have become known for their spectacular live shows, routinely sellingÂ out arenasÂ worldwide and headlining some of the biggest and most prestigiousÂ music festivals. This year Avenged Sevenfold headlined some of the world’s biggest festivals including three shows at the Soundwave Festival in Australia, Rock Im Park and Rock Am Ring in Germany, the PinkPop Festival in Holland, and historic Donington Park in the U.K. In September they will head to Japan to headline two nights at Summersonic in Japan. In November 2012, they made an unprecedented appearance as characters in Call of Duty Black Ops 2 – the biggest-selling video game of all time, which featured the band’s performance of “Carry On,” written specifically for the game.
Waking The Fallen: Resurrected Track Listing
1. Waking The Fallen
2. Unholy Confessions
3. Chapter Four
5. Desecrate Through Reverence
6. Eternal Rest
7. Second Heartbeat
8. Radiant Eclipse
9. I Won’t See You Tonight Part 1
10. I Won’t See You Tonight Part 2
11. Clairvoyant Disease
12. And All Things Will End
1. Waking The Fallen: Resurrected
2. Second Heartbeat (Alternate Version)
3. Chapter Four (Demo)
4. Remenissions (Demo)
5. I Won’t See You Tonight Part 1 (Demo)
6. I Won’t See You Tonight Part 2 (Demo)
7. Intro/Chapter Four (Live In Ventura)
8 Desecrate Through Reverence (Live In Pomona)
9. Eternal Rest (Live In Pomona)
10. Unholy Confessions (Live In Ventura)
11. Second Heartbeat (Live In Ventura)
12. I Won’t See You Tonight Pt. 1 (Live In Ventura)*
13. I Won’t See You Tonight Pt. 2 (Live In Ventura)*
*Denotes bonus tracks only available in D2C pre-order found here: www.hopelessrecords.com/resurrected
DVD Track Listing:
1. Waking The Fallen: Resurrected Documentary
2. Chapter Four (Live Footage Video)
3. Unholy Confessions (Official Music Video)
4. Unholy Confessions (Original First Cut Music Video)