LAS VEGAS, NV -Â Bellagio Resort & CasinoÂ adds to its portfolio of celebrated restaurants with the debut ofÂ Harvest by Roy EllamarÂ showcasing New American cuisine and seasonal menus inspired by regional farms. For his first restaurant concept,Â Las Vegas’Â own ChefÂ Roy EllamarÂ crafts creative market-driven dishes that celebrate regional produce in spectacular Sin City fashion.
“Harvest is my passion project,” said Ellamar. “It has been my dream to create a restaurant on the Las Vegas Strip that highlights the best local ingredients, supports regional farms and offers sustainable cuisine. The Harvest experience is based on what makes sense for the season as well as what’s trending in the culinary world, so guests can expect to find something new with each visit.”
Chef Ellamar references his agriculturally focused Hawaiian upbringing and dedication to allowing the natural flavors of fresh ingredients to shine in Harvest’s market-driven menu:
- Snack Wagonâ€“ Traveling table-to-table, Harvest’sÂ Snack WagonÂ is a quick, fun way for diners to enjoy small innovative delights. From jars ofÂ Smoked Salmon Belly DipÂ andÂ BroccoliÂ Raab Pesto, to raw offerings such asÂ Harris Ranch Hangar SteakÂ matched with an unexpected oyster aioli, and warm savory small plates likeÂ Pork BellyÂ paired with pickled apple and braised radish, this American take on dim sum showcases Chef Ellamar’s specialty creations of the day.
- Freshly Picked â€“Â The extensive selection of farm-fresh cuisine available on Harvest’s menu changes to reflect seasonal offerings. Harvest’s signatureÂ Farmer’s SaladÂ will be fine-tuned on a weekly basis with the freshest produce. Other market-driven options on the Garden menu includeÂ Charred Brussels SproutsÂ with bliss maple syrup andÂ RoastedÂ Baby BeetsÂ topped with spiced yogurt and pickled Asian pear.
- Sustainable Seafoodâ€“ Surprisingly rare for many U.S. cities, especially in the dryer regions, Harvest offers an extensive assortment of seafood from American waters. TheÂ Fisherman’s StewÂ â€“ one of Chef Ellamar’s favorites â€“ highlights seafood brought to the restaurant daily, includingÂ MaineÂ lobster and Florida Gulf shrimp. Harvest also featuresÂ Salt & Pepper SquidÂ and the “Catch of the Day,” showcasing the day’s best fresh fish.
- Choice CutsÂ â€“ Methodically chosen from select farms, Harvest offers premium cuts of meat such asÂ Grilled Pork CheekÂ paired with sweet roasted apple puree and seasoned apple kimchee;Â Cocoa Rubbed LambÂ with red pepper chimichurri and roasted garlic eggplant; andÂ all-natural, grass-fed beefÂ raised in the Painted Hills ofÂ Oregon.
- Specialized Stone â€“Â Designed specifically for the restaurant, Harvest’s stone oven ensures menu items such as theÂ daily whole fishÂ andÂ Maine LobsterÂ are cooked to perfection. The custom-made oven guarantees each bite of Harvest’s signature dishes is moist and flavorful.
- Modernized Rotisserieâ€“ Chef Ellamar uses Harvest’s contemporary rotisserie to create noteworthy dishes with deeply ingrained flavor profiles. The 24-hour local-ale-brinedÂ Slow Roasted PorchettaÂ with rosemary and garlic; andÂ Lamb ShoulderÂ with internationally influenced seasonings are meticulously made-to-order to guests’ likings.
Bellagio Mixologist Ricardo Murcia and Director of WineÂ Jason SmithÂ created a beverage program that emulates Chef Ellamar’s dedication to Harvest’s sustainable and timely menu. The cocktail, wine and beer menus use regionally sourced ingredients and present innovative libations, including:
- Fine American Wine and Rare Craft Brewsâ€“ Smith’s hand-selected wine list mirrors Ellamar’s philosophy of using sustainable ingredients. With a focus on smaller production American vineyards, Smith created an extensive list of nearly 350 selections, including regionally produced wines as well as wines from the great regions throughout the world. Murcia was responsible for the rare craft beers, including a unique collection ofÂ Samuel Adams ‘Utopias,’Â barley wine brews made by The Boston Beer Company.
- Bottled Classicsâ€“ With extensive preparation and flavor infusions, Harvest’sÂ Bottled Classic CocktailsÂ are individually packaged twists on standard favorites. The intensive process includes separating the ingredients from oxygen to allow the flavors to blend for hours before being served. Harvest’s elevatedÂ NegroniÂ is served in a Cointreau-perfumed cocktail glass with tangerine-infusedÂ PlymouthÂ gin, blueberry Casa Martelletti Vermouth Classico and the unmistakable taste of Campari.
- Carbonated Cocktail of the Dayâ€“ Murcia and Ellamar collaborate on an exclusiveÂ cocktail of the dayÂ to complement the menu specials. These cocktails, such as the carbonatedÂ MargaritaÂ with pomegranate-infused Herradura Double Reposado tequila, Chinese bitters and five-spice syrup, are carbonated in-house and change daily.
- Farmer’s Market CocktailsÂ â€“ Murcia sources his ingredients from the same farmers as Ellamar to create agriculturally inspired concoctions. Harvest’sÂ BEETS by RoyÂ is a mix of housemade cold-pressed beet juice with El Silencio EspadÃn mezcal, lemon juice and mandarin syrup, garnished with an exquisite goat cheese-stuffed beet cone.
- Harvest Specialty Cocktailsâ€“ Harvest features lively libations with inventive flavor profiles that are experiences within themselves. TheÂ Cranberry-Desert Sage InfusionÂ is a shareable cocktail served in a porthole infusion jar with the progressive flavors of cranberry, persimmon, kumquat and desert sage syrup, spiked with Absolut Elyx vodka andÂ Leopold Bros.
Designed by local architects Gensler & Associates, Harvest byÂ Roy Ellamarexudes home-grown comfort with a warm atmosphere and a welcoming open-front facade. The restaurant plays on elements of nature with wood flooring and paneled walls, complemented by hand-blown light fixtures and copper accents throughout. The centerpiece of the space is Harvest’s captivating exhibition kitchen, made entirely of glass so guests can watch Chef Ellamar’s masterpieces come to life.
Harvest byÂ Roy EllamarÂ is now open fromÂ 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.Â nightly and is located in Bellagio’s Spa Tower.