In celebration of Hispanic Heritage, acclaimed content producer INGEÑUITY announces OndaLive! Chicano Music + Culture Fest sponsored by AARP, a celebration of Chicano music and pop culture. The 3-day unprecedented virtual fan gathering is scheduled for October 27-29, 2020, 8:00pm across time zones – to watch, register visit LaOndaLive.com.
Co-Hosted by pop culture icon Cheech Marin and GRAMMY Award-winning Marisol “La Marisoul” Hernandez of La Santa Cecilia, OndaLive! will feature 6 hours of free exclusive programming including primetime musical tributes to renowned Chicano artists and groups including Tierra, Los Lobos, Ozomatli, the late Emilio Navaira, and Little Joe with his 80th birthday celebration hosted by comedy pioneer Paul Rodriguez. Also featured will be uniquely produced themed segments of Chicano lifestyle and cultural time capsules, musical mash ups, a documentary premiere, fan sessions, community advocacy panels and live concerts with artist revealing vignettes, all amplifying the Hispanic narrative.
“Sharing ‘La Onda’or the ‘Chicano vibe’ of the nearly 37 million Mexican-Americans in the U.S. is at the heart of our programming,” said David Chavez, INGEÑUITY CEO and OndaLive! Creator. “We are going to celebrate and spotlight trailblazing Chicano talent with inspiring content and showcasing their historic contributions and milestones for audiences of all ages.”
Music, Culture and Festival highlights include:
- Danny Trejo’s Chicano Music Mashups – Actor, entrepreneur Danny Trejo hosts this rad music session with funky performances and one-of-a-kind, virtual jam sessions across music genres and age groups.
- Fragile Like A Bomb – a kaleidoscope of fierce and prolific women creatives add dimension to OndaLive! Exuberant exchanges and performances in music, spoken word, and success. Unapologetic. Illuminating. As Frida Kahlo has said, “Not fragile like a flower, fragile like a bomb.”
- Loud Mouth Comedy Roadshow – merge onto our cyber highway of comedy performances. lowrider cars and their origin story, and tasty taquerias.
- FANTASMA Muertos Night Parade – the Mexican holiday, Dia De Los Muertos comes alive with a vivid procession of papier-mâché Catrinas (elegantly dressed skeletons), by Artist Ricardo Soltero, fused with the ultimate rock mariachi experience by Charros of Rock.
- TEJANO AMERICA: Best of Season One– Memorable moments and unforgettable performances from your favorite Tejano and Conjunto artists highlight this lifestyle variety series compilation.
- Song for Cesar, the Movement and the Music – Session and premiere of the 2021 documentary that chronicles the great historical movement initiated and led civil rights activist, and labor leader, Cesar Chavez. The session closes with a sneak peek of 15 minutes of the documentary, including music and interviews of Joan Baez, Maya Angelou, and Carlos Santana, among others.
“OndaLive! was born in the spirit of uplifting our Latino community nationwide during these unprecedented times,” said Yvette Peña, AARP Vice President, Multicultural Leadership. “AARP is committed to continuing to be a source of support and empowerment for Latinos 50+ and their loved ones. We are excited to see this virtual music and culture fest come to life and bring some levity and enjoyment to people’s lives.”
OndaLive! Chicano Music + Culture Fest is sponsored by AARP, the nation’s largest nonprofit, nonpartisan organization dedicated to empowering people 50 and older.