In celebration of the show’s premiere, HBO Max and Monse will unveil 22 unique looks inspired by the Gossip Girl reboot series and the iconic private school uniforms of Constance Billard School. Monse is a luxury label founded in 2015 by Laura Kim and Fernando Garcia, who also serves as Creative Directors at Oscar de la Renta, and offer a selection of clothing for the modern woman inspired by menswear and classic tailoring with a deconstructed perspective.
Taping in New York City, the fashion show will stream in real-time for fans worldwide on HBO Max YouTube, the official Gossip Girl TikTok & Facebook pages, and the Gossip Girl homepage on HBO Max on July 7 at 9 PM ET.
- In addition to the runway show, the live stream will also feature:
- A behind-the-scenes look with “Gossip Girl” costume designer and stylist Eric Daman, an inside look at the incredible wardrobe from the series, and a glimpse of the creative process behind each fabulous look.
- A sit down with MONSE co-founders and creative directors, Laura Kim and Fernando Garcia, for an intimate conversation with social media sensation and style guru, Ashley aka “@bestdressed,” to discuss how “Gossip Girl” was the muse for their fall 2021 collection – a rebellious reimagination of the private school uniform.
- A tutorial from a beauty insider to teach viewers how to achieve the fresh and expressive makeup looks featured in the fashion show.
- And never-before-seen show clips, exclusive character interviews and more!
Joshua Safra, who was a writer and producer on the original series that ran on the CW from 2007 – 2012, is returning to the helm for this new extension of a pop culture classic based on Cecily von Ziegesar’s best-selling novels. Gossip Girl “2.0” will take us back to the Upper East Side as a new generation of New York private school teens are introduced to social surveillance nine years after the original blogger’s website went dark.
This new version will explore just how much social media — and the landscape of New York itself — has changed in the intervening years. As fans of the original series will remember, the anonymous blogger known as “Gossip Girl” relied on a network of sources that would email tips which would then be uploaded to a website and sent out in email blasts. Now, in a world dominated by Instagram, anyone could be an anonymous blogger that posts scandal and secrets online.
The series stars Jordan Alexander, Eli Brown, Thomas Doherty, Tavi Gevinson, Emily Alyn Lind, Evan Mock, Zion Moreno, Whitney Peak, and Savannah Lee Smith.