Six Flags Entertainment Corporation, the worldâ€™s largest regional theme park company, today announced exciting new attractions for the 2017 season, featuring an extensive roster of Warner Bros. and DC Comics branded rides and attractions including the world debut of the next generation of the award-winningÂ JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for MetropolisÂ interactive dark ride. Additionally, the company is expanding its park portfolio with the opening of a new water park in Mexico and introducing thrilling rides at each of its other locations across North America.
â€œWe are tremendously excited about the 2017 season and look forward to delighting our guests with the types of innovative rides, attractions and signature events they have come to expect from Six Flags,â€ said John Duffey, President and CEO. â€œWe are equally thrilled to be adding a new parkâ€”Hurricane Harbor Oaxtepec Mexicoâ€”to the Six Flags family as we build on our commitment to deliver world-class entertainment for guests of all ages at every park, every year.â€
In 2017, coming to Six Flags Magic Mountain, Six Flags Great Adventure, and as part of its 50th Anniversary celebration â€“ Six Flags Over Georgia:
- The award-winningÂ JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis. This multi-sensory dark ride features the most sophisticated technology available, completely immersing riders in a video gaming world. Guests become members of the JUSTICE LEAGUE Reserve Team and battle alongside BATMAN, SUPERMAN, WONDER WOMAN, GREEN LANTERN and THE FLASH against Lex Luthor, The Joker and his henchmen to save Metropolis. The Jokerâ€™s partner in crime, Harley Quinn, will join the band of villains during this epic battle at Six Flags Magic Mountain.
Coming to Six Flags Over Texas, Six Flags Great America and Six Flags New England:
- The JokerÂ â€“Â Named among the Top 10 most anticipated new roller coasters byÂ USA TODAYÂ and FOX News, this thrilling roller coaster is set to wreak havoc in 2017. After being lifted straight up a 12-story, 90-degree hill, riders flip head-over-heels at least six times along the weightless journey. Thrill seekers will experience exhilarating leaps and dives along a horizontal plane, with unexpected drops as they tumble from one level to the next. The wing seats amp up the pandemonium since riders will experience all of this chaos with no track above or below â€” just the sky, ground and plenty of sinister thrills.
Coming to Six Flags America:
- WONDER WOMAN Lasso of TruthÂ â€“ AnÂ extreme swing ride that spins guests in a 98-foot circle at speeds of 40 miles per hour atop a 24-story tower. Guests sit two across in open-air swings as they climb to the top of the tower while spinning round and round, high above the beautiful Maryland and D.C. landscape.
Coming to La Ronde and Six Flags Discovery Kingdom:
- A massive pendulum-shaped thrill ride that swings 40 guests back and forth at 70 miles per hour, while rotating counterclockwise and climbing higher and higher to 147 feet in the air. This exciting attraction will bear the nameÂ TitanÂ at La Ronde and will be known asÂ WONDER WOMAN Lasso of TruthÂ at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom.
Celebrating its 25thÂ Anniversary, Six Flags Fiesta Texas welcomes:
- Thunder RapidsÂ â€“ North Americaâ€™s first rocket blast water coaster. This state-of-the-art attraction is part roller coaster, part water slide, featuring a custom-designed inline raft and new water jet propulsion technology for lightning-fast uphill speeds and adrenaline-pumping drops. Guests will also encounter four high-banked flying saucer turns throughout the 942-foot long structure. The rideâ€™s advanced loading system design allows guests to quickly and easily board their vehicle at ground level from a moving station, eliminating the need to carry a tube. Also on tap for the 2017 seasonâ€”a colorful, newÂ Mardi Gras Festival, featuring 10 authentic New Orleans style parade floats, Mardi Gras themed food, merchandise and beautiful park dÃ©cor. TheÂ Mardi Gras FestivalÂ takes place from March 24 through April 30.
Get ready for thrilling, spinning fun at Six Flags St. Louis:
- SpinsanityÂ â€“ ThisÂ high-flying attraction brings a unique level of thrill as the massive disc spins first one direction and then another, while swinging from side-to-side. Forty guests sit on motorcycle-style seats facing outward as the disc flies along the 51-foot high half-pipe track all while whirling around at 14 revolutions per minute.Â SpinsanityÂ is the first-of-its-kind attraction at Six Flags St. Louis.
Coming to The Great Escape and Splashwater Kingdom:
- Summer just gotÂ Bigger, Better and WetterÂ with the introduction of the all-newÂ Bonzai PipelinesÂ dueling water slides. The new attraction will feature a pair of twisting body slides with impressive heights, thrilling speeds and nearly 300 feet of pure splashing fun. A perfect way to beat the heat for thrill seekers and families alike, the slides will be located in the upper portion of Splashwater Kingdom.Â Bonzai PipelinesÂ will be the water parkâ€™s 13thÂ attraction and its first body slide tower.
Coming to Six Flags Mexico:
- The New Revolution,Â North Americaâ€™s first fully-integrated Virtual Reality (VR) roller coaster makes its Six Flags Mexico debut. Riders don Samsung Gear VR headsets, for a multi-dimensional virtual coaster experience. High-definition imagery and storytelling syncs with the unique track configuration of the Medusa Steel Coaster creating a one-of-a-kind seamless â€œreal worldâ€ to â€œvirtual worldâ€ thrill ride experience. Riders now become co-pilots seated in the cockpit of a true-to-life fighter jet, flying through a futuristic city in a battle to protect the planet against alien invaders, all while racing along the 3,300 feet of twisting, turning, looping coaster track. Six Flags Mexico guests will also be treated to the newÂ Mardi Gras Festival,Â from March 17 to May 1, featuring authentic New Orleans style parade floats, complemented with delicious, traditional carnival food and merchandise along with colorful park dÃ©cor.
Joining the proud Six Flags family of iconic theme and water parks:
- Hurricane Harbor Oaxtepec MexicoÂ in the beautiful state of Morelos. This tropical oasis will offer families a welcome summer retreat. The 67-acre park will feature an innovative new hybrid waterslide, a multi-level water play structure, a wave pool and a tranquil lazy river, among numerous other fun water attractions all set among a lush, inviting landscape. Hurricane Harbor Oaxtepec will be Six Flagsâ€™ 19thÂ park, and is scheduled to open in February 2017.
This fall, Six Flags thrills continue with the biggest Halloween event on the planetâ€”Fright FestÂ®Â featuring more ghouls, more haunted mazes and more â€œthings that go bump in the nightâ€Â than ever before. Among the many new haunts, a state-of-the-art scare zone,Â Suicide Squad: The Six Flags Fright Fest Experience.Â This new featured section will transform the DC UNIVERSE area at Six Flags Magic Mountain into DC Midway City, where some of the â€œWorst Heroes Everâ€ from the filmÂ Suicide SquadÂ will be roaming the streets.Â State-of-the-art digital imagery and fiery special effects will create an inferno as buildings burst into flames and creatures attack from every angle.Â Also part of this yearâ€™s Fright Fest at eight parks, guests can experience the next evolution of virtual reality withÂ Rage of the Gargoyles,Â a chilling, futuristic battle between good and evil featuring the first-ever fully interactive roller coaster gaming experience. Riders, wearing Samsung Gear VR headsets, are pilots seated in the cockpit of an Apache-style helicopter, trying to fight off an army of terrorizing blood-thirsty gargoyles. This groundbreaking VR coaster gaming experience is controlled through head movements, allowing riders to keep their hands on the lap bar as they shoot at moving targets.
Then later this year, Six Flags St. Louis and Six Flags America join seven other Six Flags parks by ringing in the holidays withÂ Holiday in the ParkÂ®â€”a time-honored Six Flags tradition featuring a winter wonderland of all the beloved sights and sounds of the season, yummy holiday cuisine along with guest favorite rides and attractions set against the backdrop of millions of twinkling lights.
For more information about upcoming 2017 Six Flags rides and attractions, including a video highlighting the new rides, visitÂ https://www.sixflags.com/newfor2017.
Six Flags is also announcing the start of 2017 Season Pass sales with its special Flash Sale through Labor Day weekend featuring the best deal of the year on 2017 Passes.Â From September 1 through 5, guests will receive a free upgrade to a Gold Season Pass with every Pass purchased. Gold Season Passes include admission to any Six Flags theme park, as well as free parking and special admission offers for friends. 2017 Season Passes provide unlimited visits any operating day for the rest of 2016, including park admission to Fright Fest,Â Holiday in the Park and all of 2017.
Passholders may also purchase a Premium Season Dining Pass, which includes a lunch, dinner, and snack during every park visit, plus they will receive a 2017 All Season Sport Bottle for unlimited drink refills. Premium Season Dining Passes may be used at any Six Flags theme park.