OWC; a leading zero emissions Mac and PC technology company and one of the world’s most respected providers of hard drives, SSDs, Mac & PC docking solutions and performance upgrade kits, today announced the availability of the ThunderBay 4 mini storage solution, the newest addition to their ThunderBay line of external storage systems, available in either Thunderbolt 3 or Thunderbolt 2interfaces. OWC’s newest data storage solution delivers the speed, versatility and redundancy creative pros, SMBs, and prosumers rely on to manage workflows without limitations in a compact design.
Featuring four bays for 2.5-inch drives, the ThunderBay 4 mini is available in pre-configured solutions up to 16.0TB, while the 0GB enclosure is ready out of the box for users to repurpose or maximize their choice of 2.5″ SSDs and/or HDDs. Mixed drives can be used independently or combined as a RAID with the included powerful, yet accessible SoftRAID setup and management software. For creative pros or IT managers and remote/home office professionals seeking big RAID performance that’s small enough to fit on a desk, in a rack, or on a DIT cart, your wish is now a reality. The ThunderBay 4 mini transforms SSDs and HDDs into the perfect storage solution to use as is or adapt as needed to breeze through workflows and backups all the way up to today’s highest resolution audio, photo and video formats.
Epic Pro-Class RAID Performance and Reliability in a Super Compact Design
The ThunderBay 4 mini is big on performance and flexibility, yet it’s about the length of a pencil and weighs only 3.1 pounds with SSDs installed. The rugged heat-dissipating aluminum enclosure is available in two models: Thunderbolt 3 with two ports (Thunderbolt 2/Thunderbolt backward compatible) for up to 1556MB/s of real-world tested performance or Thunderbolt 2 with two ports (Thunderbolt backward compatible) for up to 1346MB/s speeds.
Go Big, Do More, Go Faster
The ThunderBay 4 mini allows users to daisy-chain up to five additional ThunderBay 4 mini solutions to create massive storage capacities. Merge them with SoftRAID for even more flexibility, capacity, and capability. If maximum transfer speed is the goal, connect multiple ThunderBay 4 mini solutions to multiple Thunderbolt 3 or Thunderbolt 2 ports on a Mac or PC for exponential speed. Beyond storage, users can attach a 5K Thunderbolt display or two 4K displays to the ThunderBay 4 mini and enjoy the flexibility to expand their daisy-chain to meet any task at-hand.
- Maximize SSD or HDD potential – four 2.5-inch drive bays
- Thunderbolt 3 Version: Pro-grade, real-world tested speeds – up to 1556MB/s with (2) Thunderbolt 3 ports (Thunderbolt 2/Thunderbolt backward compatible)
- Thunderbolt 2 Version: Real-world tested speeds of up to 1346MB/s with (2) Thunderbolt 2 ports (Thunderbolt backward compatible)
- Flexibility – re-task existing drives or choose from pre-configured solutions
- Daisy-chain expansion – add up to 5 additional Thunderbolt devices
- Deployment ready – pre-configured solutions undergo rigorous multi-step performance certification
- Near silent operation – heat dissipating aluminum with 32.5dB cooling fan
- Quick drive swaps – drives mount on sliding trays
- Plug and Play – no drivers needed and includes Thunderbolt 3/Thunderbolt 2 cable
- Robust software for creating, monitoring and managing advanced RAID sets
- Worry-free – up to 3-Year OWC Limited Warranty with 1-Year Level 1 data recovery
Engineered for users who demand ultra-reliable and recoverable high-capacity storage, ThunderBay 4 mini provides a proven, high-quality array of storage bays that can be perfectly configured to suit unique storage, work speed, and data reliability needs – all in a compact design.
The ThunderBay 4 mini is available now at MacSales.com with either Thunderbolt 3 or Thunderbolt 2 interface with pricing of $299.99 with no drives or plug & play ready equipped with up to 16.0TB of capacity starting from $599.99 for 4.0TB Models.