MUSE talked with Ryan Friedlinghaus CEO of West Coast Customs and Six flags Magic Mountain President Neal Thurman after the announcement of the theme park latest attraction opening in 2019, West Coast Racers.
Six Flags Magic Mountain, today announced the latest addition to its unparalleled coaster dynasty — West Coast Racers, the world’s first racing launch coaster — slated to open in 2019. Unlike traditional coasters, this one-of-a-kind racing coaster will feature two side-by-side tracks with four individual high-speed launches. The race covers two complete laps, multiple airtime hills, extreme high-banked turns and exhilarating over/under near misses.
Ride features include:
• A record-breaking four magnetic launches, including a side-by-side first and second race launch;
• Four total inversions, including three zero G rolls and a zero G stall;
• 14 track crossovers and a high-five (where riders can almost high-five guests riding the opposing train), for a total of 30 train interactions (15 per lap);
• Side-by-side airtime hills and overbanked turns; and
• Speeds up to 55 miles-per-hour as riders cross the finish line.
West Coast Racers will be located in a new LA centric urban-themed area where guests will enjoy a high-energy street vibe. Currently located in this area is the popular wooden coaster, Apocalypse, and the Cyclone 500 Go Karts, which will undergo re-theming. New dining, games and retail locations will be added to complete the extensive area renovation.
A highlight of the ride is an immersive real time “pit stop” designed and produced by world famous West Coast Customs that will provide riders with a racing experience unlike any other. For More Information visit https://www.sixflags.com/magicmountai…