A new social media application for the iPhone was released today, SocialRadar. The free app is an exclusive for the iPhone and iPod touch. It combines your social media into one useful application and does so much more.
SocialRadar unlocks the location information from your iPhone, listening to yourÂ social network chatter to deliver the important and relevant information you needÂ about the people around you.
It does so while giving you full control over yourÂ privacy, enabling you to share information publicly, with friends only, anonymously,Â or be entirely invisible.The underlying technology works by merging data from all of the top socialÂ networks, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Foursquare and Google+Â with live location information from your iPhone to empower people to make smarterÂ real-world connections.
“In five years, there will be 5.6 billion people around the globe using smartphonesÂ who can broadcast their locations and today 3.9 billion people have social profilesÂ online.â€ said Michael Chasen, chief executive officer and founder of SocialRadar.Â â€œOur vision was to create technology that combines the location and the power ofÂ social networks, empowering people to walk into a room and be aware of the peopleÂ and connections around them.â€
Some of the uses for SocialRadar are:
- Get actionable social intelligence. With SocialRadar, you can walk into a room or attend an event and recognize that there are 20 people near you whom you know – six work colleagues, four people from your college, two old high school friends, someone who plays tennis, and seven friends-of-friends. It will tellyou that one of your friends recently just moved to town and another just got a new job – and that job is at a place where you are also applying to work.
- See where your friends are. When you are looking to go out in the evening, you can open SocialRadar to see the places where your friends are hanging out. You can use the map to locate large groups of people and then use the Radar Range, SocialRadarâ€™s proprietary location technology, to find your friend at a party.
- Meet new people. SocialRadar helps you meet people with common backgrounds, such as the same former employer, philanthropic causes, hobbies or interests. In a new city, itâ€™s natural to have social anxiety. SocialRadar is a portable icebreaker, empowering you to make connections with people in an unfamiliar place. You can even be alerted, if you choose, when those who share your interests are close by.
- Remember the name, not just the face (with a little help). At a businessÂ lunch, you may not remember how you know someone across the table that youÂ are sure you have met before. SocialRadar can remind you, as well as pullÂ relevant social network data on that person. You no longer have to pretend thatÂ you remember that person; rather, you can now wow them with relevant topics that spark interesting conversation and demonstrate that youâ€™ve been keeping up with whatâ€™s been happening to that individual.
- Network like never before. At a tradeshow like CES or SXSW, you want to connect with people who have similar interests, but it is hard to know who is there. SocialRadar illuminates connections in the room and guides you to that one person with whom you have been dying to network.
SocialRadar is available through the Apple App Store or by click here. Below we talked to CEO Michael Chasen and he gave us an overview of how the application worked and a look at his background and how he started the company.
Interview with Social Radar CEO Michael Chasen:
SocialRadar App Screenshot Gallery: