Orlando, FL – Universal Orlando Resort has been hard at work getting ready for another major expansion to the resort. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is expanding to Universal Orlando Theme Park Â bringing the England side of the stories in the new Daigon Alley section of the park.
The new expansion does not open till this summer but some of the amazing things you will be able to experience are:
- Board the Hogwarts Express and journey between Londonâ€™s Kingâ€™s Cross Station (located in Universal Studios Florida) and Hogsmeade Station (located in Universalâ€™s Islands of Adventure). The journey will be filled with views of London and the British countryside â€“ as well as a few surprises. Park-to-park admission is required.
- Experience aÂ groundbreaking new, multi-dimensional thrill ride,Â Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts,which will place riders in the middle of an incredible adventure as they navigate their way through the perils of the Gringotts vaults
Diagon Alley Webcast at Universal Orlando:
- Witness the magical experience of a wand choosing a wizard atÂ Ollivanders: Makers of Fine Wands since 382 BC, one of the wizarding worldâ€™s premier wand shops
- Discover the darker side of magic inÂ Knockturn Alley, the darkest of dark places that featuresÂ Borgin and Burkes â€“Â a shop specializing in the Dark Arts that will offer a wide variety of Dark objects, such as Death Eater masks, skulls, and other sinister items
- Explore some of Diagon Alleyâ€™s famous shops, including:
- Weasleysâ€™ Wizard Wheezes, a vibrant shop featuring novelty items, magical jokes, and toys inspired by the books and films that will amaze the mischievous child in everyone
- Madam Malkinâ€™s Robes for All Occasions, where guests will find a variety of wizardwear from Hogwarts school uniform ties, scarves and jumpers, to authentic wizardâ€™s robes and character costumes
- Magical Menagerie, which features a collection of plush animals, such as owls and Hippogriffs
- Wiseacreâ€™s Wizarding Equipment,Â where guests can grab wizarding essentials such as telescopes, binoculars, armillary spheres, compasses, magnifying glasses and hourglasses
- Quality Quidditch Supplies,Â offeringÂ a wide assortment of apparel and equipment including Quidditch sweaters, brooms, Golden Snitches, Bludgers, Bludger bats, Quaffles and more
- Scribbulus, featuringÂ authentic writing implements and products such as feather quills, ink and inkwells, bookmarks, journals, parchment paper, seals, stationery sets and postcards
- Enjoy traditional British fare that includes favorite dishes such as fish and chips, bangers and mash and more at theÂ Leaky Cauldron
- VisitÂ Florean Fortescueâ€™s Ice-Cream ParlourÂ for frozen treats in a variety of tantalizing and unique flavors such as strawberry-and-peanut-butter ice-cream and many others
- And more!
These are some exciting times for the Universal Theme Parks as The Wizarding World of Harry Potter has been such a successful project that they are expanding version if the area to their Japan and Hollywood theme parks in the upcoming years.
Daigon Alley at is set to open at Universal Orlando in Summer of 2014.
Photo Gallery: Daigon Alley – Universal Orlando