Walt Disney Imagineering, the origins of Disney Parks and Resorts will be celebrating their 60th anniversary at the D23 Expo this summer! Imagineering will be opening the door of its unique facilities and offering a look at its creative processes to D23 Expo guests in their â€œopen houseâ€ event â€“ all on the floor of the Anaheim Convention Center. On Sunday, August 11th, there will be an entire day of panel discussions led by Imagineers both from the past and present about their 60 magical years of â€œdreaming and doing.
Those that attend the â€œopen houseâ€ will get an exclusive inside look at the some of the Imagineeringâ€™s creative minds â€“ ride engineers, model builders, pre-visualization artists, special effects designers, inventors, and show animators â€“ as they share the skills and talents behind their unique creative processes. Guests will also have the chance to see the â€œworkspacesâ€ of several Disney project teams from around the world including parks and resorts, perhaps guests can get an inside scoop of what the newest rides will be!
For the first time at the D23 Expo, guests will have a chance to see some of Walt Disney Imagineeringâ€™s most historical and revered concept art from its Art Library, including Herb Rymanâ€™s original drawing of Disneyland. The Disney Parks pavilion will once again give all D23 Expo guests the chance to shop at Mickeyâ€™s of Glendale, an outlet of Walt Disney Imagineeringâ€™s employee-only store. There will be souvenirs and collectibles and Walk Disney Imagineering merchandise not available anywhere else!
In addition to the Imagineering Open House, D23 Expo attendees will be able to attend 12 unique presentations and panel discussions that will take fans on the incredible journey behind the latest Disney resorts, attractions, and entertainment including:
- The Art and Artistry of Aulani â€“ Imagineers Joe Rohde and Jeanette Lomboy will share the authentic tapestry of art and stories found at Aulani, A Disney Resort and Spa.
- Mayhem, Mischief, and Monkeys: The Magic of Mystic Manor â€“ Join Imagineers Joe Lanzisero and others for the strange stories behind Hong Kong Disneylandâ€™s Mystic Manor, the newest and one of the most sophisticated attractions ever built.
- Undiscovered Disneyland â€“ Legendary Imagineer Tony Baxter shares rare and never-before-seen footage of the early days of Disneyland, from design and construction through opening day.
- Broadcasts from Buena Vista Street â€“ Enjoy the latest â€˜soundtrackâ€™ from Disney California Adventureâ€™s Buena Vista Street, featuring a live performance of Scary Symphony from radio station KBVS and a panel discussion led by Imagineers.
- Disney Ambassadors â€“ Join current Disney Parks Ambassadors from around the world as they discuss this renowned program and share insights about its rich heritage, current outreach efforts, and the importance of sharing Disney goodwill.
- Voices of the Disney Parks â€“ Back by popular demand, this panel of famous Disney voices will gather for an encore panel discussion, including recreations of some unforgettable Disney Parks sayings.
- Charles Phoenix Presents â€“ Noted humorist and self-proclaimed â€œretro daddyâ€ Charles Phoenix shares some of his favorite images from around Disney, featuring classic kitsch, clashing colors schemes, and hairdos that truly defy gravity.
More details on these exciting panels and presenters will be revealed soon!
The D23 Expo is The Ultimate Disney Fan Event that brings together all aspects of Disney into one magical event this summer on August 9 â€“ 11. Throughout the event, the attendees will be provided with unprecedented access to Disney films, television, and theme parks. For the latest D23 Expo 2013 news, visit D23Expo.com. To be part of the D23 Expo conversation, make sure to follow @DisneyD23 and tag your tweets with #D23Expo.
Tickets to attend the D23 Expo start at $57 for one-day adult admission and $47 for children 3 â€“ 12. For members of D23: The Official Disney Fan Club, the one-day tickets are $50 for adults and $42 for children. Several-day admission tickets are also available for both the general public and members are a discount if bought in a bundle. Members can save up to $84 off the price of admission based on the purchase of four three-day tickets by any member of D23! For more information on tickets and the ticket pricing structure for members and general admission, visit D23Expo.com.