The day has come and it has been a little over ten years since the last time we had a Star Wars merchandise release for a new film. Friday at midnight the wait is over and Force Friday begins final leg to the release of the film with new merchandise for the upcoming film, Star Wars The Force Awakens is finally released.
Excitement has been building since the first teaser trailer was released and just recently figures hit the shelves of stores early. We expect some long lines since Star Wars was the film that started this fandom for anything related to the film. In 1977 when the first film was released figures and merchandise was not ready nor did many expect the onslaught of fans wanting to pick up merchandise related to the film. When 1978 came around and figures were released new sensation was born and collecting would over time be the hobby for many.
As for me personally I played with all my Star Wars figures and ships with my friends recreating attacking the death star, battle of hoth or even the ultimate battle in Return of the Jedi. It was in many was the only way to recreate what you saw in theaters as VCR’s, Beta Max and eventually Laserdisc were to expensive to purchase.
Now almost 40-years later many look forward to share the experience with their own kids, nieces and nephews or even to relive their childhood till the film hits the big screen on December 18. StarWars.com has already begun there multi-hour launch event that started at YouTube Space Los Angeles with the unboxing some of the first toys that will be available.
Below are some of the places you can find special events at the following store:
Amazon.com:Â Amazon.comÂ is celebrating Force Friday by offering customers access to a varietyÂ of newÂ Star WarsÂ products, as well as deals on selectÂ Star WarsÂ items. Customers can visit Amazonâ€™sÂ Star WarsÂ StoreÂ to find a wide selection of new toys and games, including Amazon exclusives, deals, and much more.
Amazon will also be hosting a giveaway of theÂ Star WarsÂ Legendary Jedi Master Yoda, Collector Box EditionÂ on Facebook. For more details, visitÂ https://www.facebook.com/AmazonToysandGames!
Disney Store:Â Disney Store locations in New York City in Times Square, Chicago on Michigan Avenue, and San Francisco on Stockton Street will participate in Force Friday midnight madness! Doors will open at 12:01 a.m. local time on September 4, giving fans the first opportunity to see and purchase toys, collectibles, books, apparel, and more fromÂ Star Wars: The Force Awakens. In addition, the first 1,000 guests will receive a freeÂ Star Wars: The Force AwakensD23 commemorative fan poster.
On Thursday, September 3, the Disney Store on North Michigan Avenue in Chicago will play host to one of 14 live toy unboxing events happening around the world to reveal new toys. Starting at 8:30 a.m. CT, HobbyKidsTV, a family-friendly YouTube channel part of the Maker Studios network, will be broadcasting live from inside the Store, unveiling new products fromÂ Star Wars: The Force Awakens, available exclusively at Disney Store andÂ DisneyStore.com.
In ALL Disney Store locations throughout North America, doors will open for business on Force Friday withÂ Star Wars-themed opening ceremonies, offering a galactic twist on the traditional â€œUnlocking Imaginationâ€ ritual. Other activities taking place at Disney Store locations (excluding Disney Store Outlets) on Force Friday include:
- A free commemorativeÂ Star Wars: The Force AwakensÂ pin for the first 100 guests who make a purchase on Force Friday
- NumerousÂ Star WarsÂ events taking place, including:
- R2-D2 craft activity
- Ways of the Force
- Star WarsÂ Story Time
- Art of Drawing: R2-D2
- Free Topps vintage trading card giveaway upon completion of an in-store event and while supplies last
- EpicÂ Star WarsÂ theming that pays homage to both the dark side and theÂ light
OnÂ DisneyStore.com, fans can enjoy special Limited Edition product, as well as free shipping on allÂ Star WarsÂ items from September 4 â€“ 6.
Additional details about Disney Storeâ€™s activities surrounding Force Friday are available atÂ www.DisneyStore.com/ForceFriday!
Disney Parks:Â At the World of Disney store in Disneyland Resortâ€™s Downtown Disney District and Once Upon a Toy in Walt Disney World Resortâ€™s Downtown Disney Marketplace, fans can join a special ticketed event starting at midnight! Attendees will haveÂ first access toÂ Star Wars: The Force AwakensÂ products and parks-exclusive merchandise, including a Force Friday logo messenger bag. Tickets for the Force Friday event are $50 per person and are limited to availability. Make a reservationÂ now atÂ www.DisneyParksMerchandise.com!
Target:Â A total of 207 Target stores will open at midnight on September 4, with all the newÂ Star Wars: The Force AwakensÂ items available and more. VisitÂ Target.com/starwarsÂ to locate a store near you. But thatâ€™s not all.
In honor of Force Friday, Target has also launched Share the Force: an interactive experience that allows you to join fans around the world and share yourÂ Star WarsÂ memories. VisitÂ sharetheforce.target.comÂ to add your memories today, and stop by select Target shops for Share the Force Saturday on September 5. There will be photo ops, giveaways, and much more!
Toysâ€Râ€Us:Â Toysâ€Râ€UsÂ stores and ToysRUs.com have launchedÂ â€œDestination:Â Star Warsâ€œÂ â€” a huge celebration and source for all thingsÂ Star WarsÂ onÂ Force Friday!Â AllÂ Toysâ€Râ€Us stores will open at midnight, with special giveaways including a limited edition LEGOÂ Star WarsÂ Commemorative Brick and an exclusiveÂ Star WarsÂ poster, while supplies last.
At Toysâ€Râ€Us Times Square in New York City, fans can join aÂ Star WarsÂ party that will rival any Ewok bash.Â Festivities begin onÂ Thursday, September 3, when the store hostsÂ Star WarsÂ activities throughout the day, beginning at 9Â a.m., including:
- AÂ book signing and meet and greet with Steve Sansweet, chief executive officer and president of Rancho Obi-Wan, Inc., storiedÂ Star WarsÂ author and former head of Fan Relations and director of content management at Lucasfilm Ltd.
- AnÂ art class and meet and greetÂ with fan-favoriteÂ Star WarsÂ and science fiction artist,Â Jeff Carlisle
- Star WarsÂ product demonstrations and activationsÂ throughout the store, includingÂ Star Wars-themed 3D action figure creation withÂ 3D Plus Me, video gaming onÂ Disney Infinity 3.0 Star WarsÂ kiosks and experiencing intergalactic sound onÂ Star Wars-themed headphones powered byÂ SMS Audio
- AÂ LEGOÂ Star WarsÂ make and takeÂ for rebels looking to build their toy empire brick by brick
- AÂ Lightsaber AcademyÂ with members ofÂ New York Jedi, a community of cosplayers, martial artists, and teachers who share practical stage combat techniques oriented toward lightsabers
- Photo opportunitiesÂ with costumed characters, includingÂ Furbacca, a character versioned after the HasbroÂ toy that makes Wookiee sounds like Chewbacca
- Ice cream flavors inspired by theÂ Star WarsÂ saga fromÂ Scoopsâ€œRâ€Us, the flagship storeâ€™s in-house ice cream shop located on the Lower Level
- Star Wars-themed cookie decorating at aÂ â€œWookieeâ€ Cookie PartyÂ on Level 1
- Special giveawaysÂ for the first fans in line, including a Collectorâ€™s Edition LEGOÂ Star WarsÂ Commemorative Brick, an exclusive, limited editionÂ Star WarsÂ poster, and aÂ Star WarsÂ Character Flashlight from JAKKS Pacific
- Star WarsÂ trivia, aÂ costume contest, and a galaxy of excitement and prizes, while supplies last
- AÂ panel discussion with Steve Sansweet and Jeff CarlisleÂ for select lucky fans, which will also be livestreamed via Periscope @Toysrus on Twitter
- TheÂ ultimate unveilingÂ of the officialÂ Toysâ€œRâ€Us Times SquareÂ Star Warsfeature shopÂ at 12:01 a.m. on Force Friday, September 4
Walmart:Â Participating Walmart stores will also be opening their doors at midnight on September 4. New products fromÂ Star Wars: The Force AwakensÂ will be available, along with some bargains that even Jabba would love:
- Walmart will be the only place to find Toppsâ€™ Galactic Connexions, a trading disc game featuring theÂ Star WarsÂ characters
- Customers that visit Walmart stores on September 4 will receive a free two-pack of Galactic Connexions discs, including a rare blue star field disc that willÂ onlyÂ be available in packs given away on Force Friday
- Available exclusively at Walmart:Â Disney Infinity 3.0 Star WarsÂ Kanan Jarrus Figure
- Customers that preorderÂ Star Wars BattlefrontÂ in Walmart stores will receive a $5 credit to use on Vudu
for more of Hasbro’s Ultimate Guide to The Galaxy click hereÂ and May the Force Be With You!!